Wednesday 6 May 2015

BREAKING NEWS!! Amir Khan open to Floyd Mayweather fight in September

Amir KhanBritain's Amir Khan says he could fight Floyd Mayweather in September despite previously stating Ramadan might disrupt his training.

Khan, 28, is a Muslim and is set to fast during the holy month, which lasts from mid-June to mid-July this year.
Ahead of his bout with Chris Algieri on 29 May, Khan said: "Mayweather normally fights mid-September and Ramadan is a little bit earlier this year.
"It gives me enough time to get the training done, so it can happen."
Khan said on Sunday that Mayweather's manager was keen to "get a fight on" after the undisputed welterweight champion beat Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas.
Mayweather, 38, took his unbeaten record to 48 fights with a one-sided points victory over Pacquiao and is expected to make his next fight his last.
Bolton-born Khan, who takes on former light-welterweight world champion Algieri in New York, says he has also been invited to fight Pacquiao, 36.
But Khan insisted his focus is purely on Algieri, who was knocked down six times by Pacquiao during a massive points defeat in November.
He said: "I really can't take this Algeri fight lightly - lose and it would ruin my dreams to fight the biggest names in boxing.
"I'm not going to be fighting Mayweather until I win this fight. I'm not looking past Chris because I've made that mistake in the past. There are bigger fights out there for me, but this is my focus."
During Ramadan practising Muslims fast during daylight hours to learn self-discipline, while also reminding them of those less fortunate than themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment